Monday 28 April 2014

I did it!!

Hi There,
Sunrise at Mission Bay
5am wake up ready for a 7am start.

Yeap!  I did it!  I jumped into the water and swam (badly) for 100m, rode my bike for 10km then ran my little heart out for 2km.  I did a triathlon.  They called it a try-a-tri, I called it a baby tri.

All done in 46 minutes.  Not bad considering I thought it would take me 2 hours.  Hmmm...

I was quite proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone and giving something 'very scary' a go as I wouldn't call myself a 'athletic/sporty person'. But I find if I have an end goal (race day) I am more inclined to get out and exercise.  And boy did this triathlon make me get out and exercise.   I went off and had swimming lessons as I hadn't been taught how to swim properly.  I even, on occasions rode my bike to the local pools, swam then rode home again.  Now that was serious commitment!

So now I can tick that off my bucket list.  I can now happily sit on the couch for Winter, hibernating under my crochet creations until November when I will have to find something else to make me exercise.

Lxx



No comments:

Post a Comment