It is a great feeling, the beginning of a new year. I love that feeling of potential. This year has so much potential who knows what will come along. Every year I like to look at my New Years craft project list from the year before and see what I have achieved and what I need to get on and finish. Having this list stops me from forgetting anything and I can go back and tweak it when I need to. New Year = being organised. My favourite thing.
For a long time my resolutions were simple 'I'm going the eat healthy and exercise' but as always I never stuck to it. Excuses of work and family always got in the way. So now I'm more of a 'I'm going to eat that slice of carrot cake with double cream cheese icing and I am going to enjoy every mouthful...and I may exercise if I feel like it' sort of person. Believe me it is a lot more satisfying!
So these days my resolutions are more to do with what makes me happy. Mostly relating to crafty things. Last year I wanted to learn to use my camera better so I went and did an eight week photography course. I loved it!
I think this year I would like to join a photography group and perfect my skills in this medium. I need to stop using my iPhone so much and experiment some more with my nice camera.
Another thing that has been on my project list for a long time is to find and recover a winged back chair. I have a friend who found and recovered a few chairs and she has inspired my desire to do it too. I have always loved winged back chairs. Great for reading books in. So 2014 I am going to try and find one!
Also on the craft list is:
* Finish blue blanket for bed. This may take awhile.
* Make merino top. I have fabric sitting there waiting.
* Make littlest lovely a dress out of fabric she chose months ago.
* Get 5000 poppy project off the ground. More to come on this gem later.
* Crochet purple poncho. I have some beautiful wool that has been sitting around for ages just waiting for inspiration.
* Start my felt store. This may take awhile.
* Make felt Christmas decoration. Another project I keep putting off.
* Finish woollen tapestry pillow. Again, keep putting it off.
Ok 2014 may well end up being the year I finish off stuff. This is going to be very hard when the crochet hook keeps calling me to make things. How will I stay focused?
I think I need a cuppa, a slab of cake and some hooky time to ponder this dilemma.