Friday 25 October 2013

A Little Slower Pace PLEASE!

Hi There,


So sorry I haven't been here for awhile.  Life got a little busy there for a bit.  I have been working full time these past two weeks.  Which was nice as it will help pay for more yarn.  HA!!  Don't tell the hubby. 

Today was the last day so now I am back to being MUM.  I am quite looking forward to the slower pace.  More crocheting, more baking, more gardening, more of everything that is GOOD!

I can stop and rest for a bit.

AHHH...





But before I go and rest, I must share with you what I did manage to squeeze in last weekend.  
The 5000 poppies project that I have talked about in previous posts is starting to gain momentum.  I have managed to make 20!  A slow start but I think it will start to pick up with the Facebook page going live now (go to 5000 Poppies NZ).  It will be a great place for people to get involved and post their poppy making efforts.  

Back to last weekend...I taught three of my lovely friends how to crochet a poppy. This was a huge deal for me as I am a self taught crocheter and I didn't think I would have it in me to teach people (even though I am a school teacher!)  However I surprised myself.  It seems I can teach people to crochet.  My friends had a great time and they all went home very pleased with themselves with a poppy in hand. They have all gone on to making more since.  I'm so pleased.  I don't feel so alone in this huge endeavour now.

First lovely friend - Amazing first poppy

Second lovely Friend  - Almost there!

Third lovely Friend - Incredible first poppy

If you are reading this and think - "That doesn't look too hard, I could do that".  Well you are right it isn't too hard and you could do it, here is how.

Go to 5000 Poppies and click on the poppy pattern link and it will show you how to crochet and knit a poppy and once you have made one, why not two, three, four...? You will love it.

Then take photos and upload them to the Facebook page (5000 Poppies NZ) for us all to see.

Then courier your amazingly made poppies to:

ITAV
1 Saunders Place
Avondale 1026
Auckland
NEW ZEALAND

Go on give it a go. I can't wait to see...

Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment